We tried to get a permit to walk into The Wave. Only 20 people are allowed per day. There is a lottery everyday that we didn't win. Buh-hu. :-)
Instead we headed on for Zion Canyon that turned out to be really beautiful as well. I think we have the canyon fewer. :-)
We saw some mountain goats eating grass - exiting. We then jumped on a shuttle bus that took us to a placed called The Grotto. Why it's called that I don't know, but there was several hikes from there. One was going to a viewpoint called Angels Landing. The first part is steep, but quite safe. The last part is insane and you have to hold on to a chain while going up over some very steep climbs. Since 2004 six people have fallen to their death on this particular point of the hike. Anders is a real adrenaline junkie (but in a good and safe way) and he took the last part of the hike while I went back down. I just could not handle the abyss. ;-) When Anders came back he was super exited. It had been extremely beautiful and worth it. The bus driver on the shuttle he took back to the car had apparently also been very entertaining with lots of stories about the park and it's animals and nature. Zion is a wonderful park indeed. :-)
Abonner på:
Kommentarer til indlægget (Atom)







Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar